A two-day workshop on Botnet Monitoring and Mitigation was held on IICT on 18-19 February 2020, addressing:
- Principles and best practices for botnet detection, monitoring and mitigation
- Best practices for dealing with botnets in an IoT environment
- Social Engineering and botnet proliferation
- Using Cloud Enabled Security System (CESS) for malware detection/prevention
- A discussion forum with invited stakeholders on malware threats
This workshop is conducted as part of the Asi@Connect Distributed and Cloud-based Network Defense System for NRENs (DCNDS) Project funded by TEIN* Cooperation Center and the European Union to facilitate capacity building among NOC operators and network engineers, as well as security personnel to support the effective operation of Research and Education Networks in the Asian region.